So, my year aiming at wellness has come and gone. When I began this blog, I was convinced I had found the certain way to weight loss and a healthier me. Now, 53 weeks later, I can say … writing it down does not make it so!
My long term goal was to lose 52 pounds. I didn’t reach my goal. This morning, I weigh exactly what I did one year ago.
So, an evaluation of my year …
1. Although I didn’t lose any weight, I didn’t gain any either.
2. During the year, to improve my husband’s health, we went gluten-free. Although we had some challenges, we are now a gluten-free household. We have found products to substitute for our grain choices … cornmeal pasta, various crackers made by Glutino, and Domino’s gluten-free pizza. Otherwise we generally avoid gluten and my husband’s health is much improved!
3. I have continued to bike on my stationary cycle about 3 times a week.
4. I have added a set of stretches to my morning routine. After these stretches, I find I am more limber and I have avoided any new injuries to my knees.
5. Although I still face some problems keeping my blood sugars in control, I have had more glucose results in the 4 to 7 range as a result of controlling my after-supper eating. Keeping busy is the key to controlling this eating and lately I’ve been working on some quilt-making projects.
Overall, the biggest improvement in my health has been to my overall stamina and to my knees. I can say with certainty that this has been the best ‘knee year’ in the past five!